BBQ steak salad with a sesame-rice vinegar dressing. Tastes like summer!
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 (12 ounce) rib eye steak
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning, or to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 10 leaves romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 large English cucumber, cubed
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Season both side of the rib eye steak with soy sauce and steak seasoning. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill steak on preheated grill until firm, reddish-pink, and juicy in the center, about 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Transfer steak to a platter, sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Allow meat to rest for about 10 minutes, then cut into strips.
- Whisk rice vinegar, olive oil, sugar, sesame oil, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl. Combine lettuce, cucumber, avocado, tomato, carrot, red onion, and steak strips in a large bowl. Pour rice vinegar dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Recipe from allrecipes.com.