As seen in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- 36 ounces cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chicken stock (or 2 cups water and 1.5 ounces chicken base)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- 4 ½ ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- Shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
Cook pasta as directed on package. When done, remove from heat and drain. Keep warm.
Combine stock, cream, wine, basil, oregano, garlic and tomatoes in a large sauce pan. Bring to a light boil over high heat. With a whisk, mix cornstarch with cold water. Slowly add mixture to saucepan, whisking until all is incorporated. Turn heat to low and let it simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add pasta.
Stir until all the sauce is incorporated. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan cheese.