Smoked Sea Scallops w/ Roasted red pepper Cream, Potato 7 Andouille Hash and Wilted Mustard Greens.
This elegant dish brings together the mild tenderness of sea scallops, the spice of Andouille sausage, and the smoky flavor of mustard greens. Make a morning trip to the farmer’s market for the ingredients and then dine al fresco under a summer night sky.
- 20 Pcs. Sea scallops (about 1.5 pounds)
- Olive oil
- 10 Oz. Roasted red peppers (can)
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Black Seasoning
- 4 oz. Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. Seafood base
- Cornstarch as needed
- 1 lb. “b- red Potato” Steam and cut into small pieces
- 1 lb. Andouille Sausage cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp. Dry Parsley
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1.5 pounds of Mustard Greens
- 2 Tbsp. cup Sambuca (or white wine) Optional*
- In a sauté pan, heat up the olive oil for the potatoes, when hot, add the sausage until light brown, add the potato and sauté until potato is golden brown (Do not disturb the pan to much for a quick process), then add the seasonings. Stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Keep warm.
- In a blender, puree the peppers; add to a sauce pan along with the cream and seasoning and seafood base. Bring to a boil. Prepare the cornstarch with water to for a slurry. Add little at a time to thicken the sauce. Reduce the heat to low, and add the butter little at a time stirring constantly to prevent the butter from separating. Keep warm.
- In a different pan, heat up oil for the scallops. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. When pan is hot, add the scallops slowly, sauté for about 3 minutes on each side to get a nice brown seared on both sides.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and set them a side. Add the Mustard greens to the scallops pan, sauté for 2 minutes, add the seasonings and Sambuca/ white wine to deglaze the pan. Sauté for 3 more minutes or until the greens are soft.
- Place the potatoes on the plate, then scallops on top and cover with the sauce, cover the other side of the pan with the mustard greens.