Theme Ideas for Milwaukee Weddings
The theme that a couple chooses for their wedding sets the tone for the rest of the wedding planning process and determines the experience that guests will have when they attend. Themes help guide everything from room layout and menu to color schemes and entertainment. Here are some tips for selecting the theme for your Milwaukee-area wedding.
- Something personal for the couple—beaches, outdoors, etc.
- Favorite vacation spot—someplace with a great memory attached, such as a first vacation or a particularly memorable vacation spot
- Beloved sports team—one or several, utilizing colors and logos as part of the wedding décor
- Favorite hobby—incorporating the idea of a wine tasting, microbrewery, etc.
- Favorite book, movie or story—recreating the look or feel of an era or scene
- All-natural—using only natural elements to create an outdoor world indoors
- Coffeehouse—incorporate all of the chill, laid-back atmospheric elements of your favorite java spot
- Seasonal—bring a season into your décor and use only elements that come from can be found during that particular time of year
There are innumerable types of elements that are influenced by the wedding’s theme. Incorporate the chosen theme when working on invitations and other paper goods, décor, menu items, bar lists, color schemes, entertainment and so much more.
Milwaukee-area Weddings Color Palettes
Color schemes are very important to the overall wedding planning process because they are infused into every single element of the event. From decorations at the church, courthouse or reception hall and including elements like flowers, tablescapes, invitations and more, color schemes will cover the event from head to toe and help the guests become truly immersed in the wedding experience.
Color schemes are also influenced by season, meaning that brighter colors are typically used in spring and summer and richer, darker colors in the fall and winter. Try any of these colors—and in any combination—in your wedding planning process.
- Spring—pastels and pale hues, whites and creams, bright shades of lighter colors (bright light blue, light green, pink, etc.), muted hues
- Summer—bright colors, bold colors, whites and ivories mixed with any bright or vibrant hues, vibrant hues (blues, purples, greens, yellows)
- Autumn—burnt colors (oranges, reds and yellows), ivory, deep reds and greens
- Winter—white or ivory combined with any other color, including muted hues and dark hues
Tablescapes for Milwaukee Weddings
When it comes to wedding tablescapes, balance is everything. There needs to be a perfect combination of tall elements with short, colors without overwhelming and decoration without clutter. If this sounds a bit daunting, try not to worry. Instead, follow this easy list of tips to make certain you have everything you need—and not an ounce more—to make the perfect Milwaukee wedding tablescape a reality.
- A tall element, such as a floral arrangement, to utilize as a centerpiece
- Candles, of varying heights, to surround or flank the centerpiece (creates a magical element when lit)
- Flower petals, gem stones, etc. to adorn the table—these could be seasonal elements that truly bring the time of year into your tablescape décor.
- Place settings—these should be discussed with your caterer or venue coordinator, because there are plenty of options (including circular versus square china, different styles of cutlery, a plethora of glassware and more) from which to choose.
- Utilize your color scheme when planning all elements of tablescape and room décor.