Rich in history and contemporary fun, Milwaukee is the place to plan a dynamic and multifaceted corporate event. Our planners and catering team with more than four decades of experience know the ins and outs of this fascinating city, and they want to share them with you!
6 Unique Milwaukee Corporate Event Ideas
The classic corporate party or dinner is always appreciated, but there is no reason for a Milwaukee event to stick to the ordinary. Explore your city and treat your company to an exceptional experience with these insider ideas. With a bit of creativity, corporate events can become small-scale Milwaukee food tours.
1. Explore Nature and Think Green
Milwaukee is going green, and maybe your company is too! Even if you have not started green initiatives, you can show your support by hosting an outdoor-focused event. Picnics are the most obvious choice and are sure to provide employees with a relaxed outing. And with 15,000 acres of county parks, there are a plethora of Milwaukee county park rentals. But we encourage you to consider a trip to these other locations that highlight the outdoors:
- Milwaukee County Zoo: The perfect location for corporate events that extend an invitation to families with children. Even the animal buildings are available for rentals. From indoor spaces like the Aquatic and Reptile Center to outdoor areas like the Brown Bear Den and Australian Outback, there is entertainment for all ages.
- Racine County Zoo: Don’t be surprised if employees are coming up with more creative ideas after a company picnic at the Racine County Zoo. Any of the five spaces available for rent are sure to spark curiosity. For large events, we suggest the Charles and Jennifer Johnson Land of the Giants area that features giraffes and rhinos. What a hidden treasure!
- Greenfield Park Pavilion: Guests’ eyes will light up when they look out on the picturesque lagoon and wild blue herons. With a capacity of 65 to 75, this waterfront Milwaukee venue is ideal for smaller, more intimate corporate events. This beautiful location is the perfect way to help guests experience Milwaukee’s natural beauty while enjoying delicious food.
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center: You might not expect to find 185 acres of natural beauty just 15 minutes from downtown. But the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center is an oasis with enchanting ponds, prairies, forests and a LEED-certified “green” building. With six miles of trails, this location can also serve as a team-building activity for 150-200 employees.
Insider Tip: During the summer, picnic spots fill up quickly. And so do hotels! Guests visiting in late June will share hotel availability with those attending the annual Summerfest music festival, so be sure to book rooms extra early.
2. Take Lakefront Views Up a Notch—Rent a Vessel!
Chances are that employees have enjoyed a waterfront party, but we’d be willing to bet that many have not celebrated on the water. So treat them to an unforgettable experience by renting a vessel to cruise around a peaceful lake. The Lake Geneva Cruise Line has five unique vessels to match your corporate party theme and atmosphere.
3. Play, or Play Ball!
Your confirmed RSVP list will be long when you send out invitations to Miller Park Tailgating for a Brewers game. After enjoying beers and delicious grilled food, employees will leave with more energy, enthusiasm and corporate pride. Milwaukee Brewers corporate events serviced by a top catering company are one of the best ways to reward and rejuvenate employees.
We are pretty convinced that many residents come to Brewers games as much for the concessions as for the baseball. The world-famous Milwaukee bratwurst is the most popular game-day food, so guests will love to find our Klement’s brats simmered in seasonings, onions and beer and then grilled on-site. Pair that with one of the hearty salads on our picnic menu and guests may enjoy the pre-game party as much as the game itself!
4. Relive History and Visit Local Landmarks
Established in 1822, Milwaukee has nearly 200 years of history. No wonder Milwaukee tours are so popular! Invite guests to one of the many historic sites and decorate it to revisit your corporate timeline. With a little forward planning, employees can learn about your city and company all at once! Some of our favorite locations are:
- The Historic Pritzlaff Building: Built in 1875, this historic building is ready to transform to match your corporate party With wi-fi and vast rooms that can host up to 600, the sky is the limit. The bricks and Victorian-style windows set the stage for an elegant corporate function, but you can put any twist on this space.
- Milwaukee County Historical Society: Dating back to 1913, this building is filled with old-world charm. Details like the gilded carvings provide an ornate setting ideal for galas and other upscale corporate events looking to impress.
- Pabst Mansion: Exemplifying the Gilded Age, a visit to this historical attraction is at the top of any things to do in Milwaukee Built in 1890 with a Flemish Renaissance Revival style, this elegant venue stands out among the many historical sites in Milwaukee. Originally for the founder of Pabst Brewing Company, the Pabst Mansion indoor and outdoor spaces can now be for your guests!
5. Dine at Milwaukee’s Phenomenal Restaurants
Milwaukee has some of the most incredible restaurants serving up delectable food with unparalleled views. Give guests a sample of Milwaukee’s fine cuisine by inviting them to a corporate function at Coast or Boerner Botanical Gardens. The upscale seaside dining experience at Coast will represent your company and Milwaukee dining quite well.
Insider Tip: Set out a display of Wisconsin’s most popular cheeses. Local favorites include Havarti, smoked Gouda, and Silver Lewis Brick.
6. Toast to Milwaukee and Your Corporate Success
Milwaukee is also known as “The Brew City” and “The Beer Capital of the World,” and for good reason—for decades, it was the world’s biggest beer producer! The breweries are still alive and well, and chances are your employees would love to celebrate at one. The Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere in both the Blue Ribbon Hall and Great Hall. Guests will relax and enjoy good company, food, and (of course) beer!
Insider Tip: Make sure you have plenty of Milwaukee’s best brews and small bites on tap. The New Glarus Spotted Cow is incredibly popular and pairs well with a variety of small bites.
With so many dynamic sites, Milwaukee hosts some of the most extraordinary corporate events. Our talented and experienced Milwaukee corporate catering team would love to bring its expertise to your next event. Find our creative and meticulous event planners online or on Facetime, or give us a call at 262-547-9447.