These delicious margaritas are refreshing and perfect for a hot summer day!
Makes 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 strips orange zest
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 3/4 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt or sugar for rimming glasses (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cups crushed ice, or as needed
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar, water, and orange zest in a small saucepan to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove simple syrup from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
- Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice.
- Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.
- Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges to serve.
Recipe from allrecipes.com.