When it comes to entertainment for your Milwaukee-area wedding reception, finding something that speaks to the two of you as a couple as well as your theme is very important. Luckily, there are plenty of options to keep your guests entertained throughout your wedding event, making it very easy to find something that will fit everything you need. Here are a few types of wedding reception entertainment options that will be perfect for you Milwaukee wedding reception.
Milwaukee-area Wedding Entertainers
Weddings are typically associated with some type of musical service that allows for dancing and fun. When you pick your Milwaukee wedding reception music, be sure to consider the timeframe of music (dinner and dancing versus just dinner or just dancing), the style of music you would like to have (instrumental, current hits, genre-specific like big band or country, etc.) and what types of music would enhance your overall wedding theme. The following styles of entertainers are a few of the more popular types of wedding reception entertainment.
- DJ—professionally produced, doubles as an emcee and the playlist and tempo of the night can typically be tailored to the specific tastes of the bride and groom.
- Band—same as above, but incorporates live music and covers of songs.
- Karaoke—fun for all, but much less structured in terms of sticking to a timeline.
- Live performers—depending on the theme, you might want to incorporate roving performers to enhance a particular aspect of the event.
- Playlist—for the thriftier individuals out there, or for those who know specifically which songs they want to hear and when, making a long playlist on a digital device and playing it over the venue’s stereo system is an option…though if this is your choice, consider the fact that DJs are not typically too expensive and can do the same thing with an added perk of emceeing.
Activities to Entertain Milwaukee Wedding Guests
Sometimes dinner and dancing just are not enough to keep wedding guests entertained and enjoying the event. If you fear this is the case, and your budget and theme allow, incorporate games or activities into your wedding reception to create long-lasting memories. Any of these will keep your guests entertained for hours.
- Photo booths—guests will love having strips of photos to take home with them and help them remember the special day.
- Arts and crafts—creating something that is theme-relevant will bring a smile to guests’ faces for years to come.
- Games—yard games like baggos or horseshoes for outdoor weddings, or any theme-relevant indoor games for indoor weddings will be fun for all ages.
Fun Group Games for Milwaukee Weddings
Sure, the wedding is about the bride and groom, and sure, it will all go by so quickly that everyone will probably feel like the event is a whirlwind. While you are all together, though, try incorporating games like this to get guests from both sides of the family mingling and enjoying each other’s company.
- Three-legged race using theme-colored ties to tie participants together
- Piñata filled with candy
- Fun props for pictures and a Polaroid camera for capturing the moments
- Photo shoots with family and friends
- Wedding reception scavenger hunt for a list of items (cake plate, flowers, a photo of a wedding party member, etc.)